Disability & Accessibility

Princeton University is committed to providing access to all individuals under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), and the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, which prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability.

The term "disability" may include learning, physical, sensory, psychological, medical, and certain temporary disabilities. The University provides students, employees, and others with reasonable accommodations in accordance with the ADA/Section 504 and New Jersey state law. Princeton's Policy on Disability and Accessibility includes information for students and employees to request reasonable academic and employment accommodations, to gain equal access to campus programs and information technology, and to access resources and file grievances and complaints of discrimination and harassment.

Princeton’s compliance with applicable disability laws is implemented in the context of the University’s broader Policy on Discrimination and/or Harassment and its accompanying FAQs, which advise the University community of prohibited discriminatory and harassing conduct, as well as resources and processes for addressing and resolving complaints of discrimination and harassment.

Tell us what happened


Step 1: Who do I talk to?

When you feel that you have been subjected to bias, discrimination and/or harassment or have observed such behavior directed at others, you have many options, including consulting with a Confidential Resource or a non-confidential resource, or formally reporting what happened.


Step 2: What options do I have?

There are several options to submit a report or complaint of bias, discrimination and/or harassment to the University.


Step 3: What to expect next

Knowing what happens after filing a report or complaint of bias, discrimination and/or harassment can help inform your decision-making in terms of whether to respond to what happened informally on your own or to make a formal complaint to the University.